Type: Bachelor’s (Undergraduate), Master’s Degree
Who: Arab students interested in studying in China
What: – Exempt from paying all tuition fees – Accommodation provided (Double Room)
Where: China University of Petroleum (Beijing)
Program Length: 1 year
Deadline to Apply: – Undergraduate degree: June 15/2023 ; – Master’s and Ph.D degree: May 30/2023
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: China
Academic Subject(s): Petroleum Engineering
The China University of Petroleum (Beijing) International Student Scholarship (CUPB Scholarship) was set up to attract outstanding foreign students into our university, promote the quality of international students’ education and constantly improve their international influence and competitiveness.
The CUPB Scholarship is given to excellent international students coming to study with us. The selection and evaluation of CUPB scholarship awardees adhere to the principles of fairness, openness and merit.
– Undergraduate degree: June 15
– Master’s and Ph.D. degree: May 30
First-class scholarship awardees are exempt from paying all tuition fees, and are provided with accommodation (double room) and comprehensive health insurance. In addition, they receive a monthly allowance for 10 months in a year in the following amounts：
– Bachelor’s degree students：1800 Chinese renminbi (RMB) (about $270).
– Master’s students：2000 RMB (about $300).
– Doctoral students：2500 RMB (about $375).
– Exchange students：2000 RMB (about $300).
Second-class scholarship awardees are exempt from paying tuition fees and receive accommodation and health insurance, but do not receive a monthly allowance.
Third-class scholarship awardees receive accommodation and health insurance only.
– The applicant must be a non-Chinese citizen, be healthy, law-abiding and have no criminal record, and must meet the basic requirements for admission in our school for international students to study in China.
– Language level requirements:
– Applicants for undergraduate programs need to provide IELTS 6.0, TOEFL 75 or above, or proof of language proficiency at the corresponding level. Applicants with strong Chinese proficiency are preferred.
– Applicants for graduate programs need to provide IELTS 6.5, TOEFL 80 or above, or provide proof of language proficiency at the appropriate level. Strong Chinese proficiency is an advantage.
– Execptions：Applicants from countries whose official language is English and want to apply for English-taught majors do not need to provide proof of English proficiency.
– Undergraduate programs require applicants to have a Chinese proficiency of 222 or above at HSK-4 level.
– The postgraduate programs require applicants to have Chinese proficiency at HSK-5 level or above.
– Age requirements. Applicants must:
– be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs.
– be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs.
– be a master’s degree holder under the age of 45 when applying for the doctoral programs.
Required materials for application
– Scanned copies of all China visa pages and China entry and exit record pages, passport photos with white background, photo size 480×720
– The highest academic certificate and transcript, with an average score of more than 70% (non-Chinese or English materials need to provide certified Chinese/English translations)
– Certificate of Language Proficiency
– Study and research plan
– Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Health Certificate) (Laboratory report must be attached)
– Certificate of no criminal record
– Two recommendation letters (associate professor or above) (required for postgraduate program applications)
– Acceptance letter from supervisor (It is recommended that applicants for master’s programs have a letter of acceptance from supervisors , applicants for Ph.D programs must have a letter of acceptance from supervisors)
How to Apply:
– Log in to the online application system of China University of Petroleum https://cie-registration.cup.edu.cn/
– Submit all application materials through the application system. The university do not accept paper mailing and mailing applications.