The Sanctuary Scholarship consists of full tuition fee support and a grant to help with the costs of living. Successful applicants will also receive a place on the City Cares programme which provides a designated staff member to offer support and guidance throughout.
The university intends to award up to three undergraduate scholarships in 2023. Each scholarship will be awarded for a maximum of three years.
Candidates must apply for a place at City, University of London before applying for the scholarship.
Deadline: 25 January 2023 for undergraduate admission to the university; 1 May 2023 for the scholarship.
Applicants must have one of the following immigration statuses, as set out by the Helena Kennedy Foundation Article 26 Project:
– Leave as an Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Child (UASC leave)
– Limit Leave to Remain (LLR)
– Discretionary Leave to Remain (DL)
– Humanitarian Protection (HP)
– Refugee Status
– Refused Asylum Seeker (fresh claim submitted)
– Asylum Seeker
In addition, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
– Have received a conditional or unconditional offer of full-time undergraduate study from City, University of London. If your offer is conditional, you must meet the conditions of your offer (e.g. academic and English language qualifications) in order to embark on the degree and receive the scholarship.
– Be new full-time entrants to City and starting the first year of their degree (i.e. those starting in Year 2, Year 3 and Year 4 are not eligible).
– Be currently attending a school, college, community or voluntary group which can provide a reference in support of your application.
– Demonstrate that you have applied for but are not eligible for financial assistance from Student Finance England/Wales/NI/SAAS.
– If you are applying for a program that requires you to pass a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check in order to undertake clinical placements and participate in the course, it is your responsibility to ensure you have the necessary documentation.
How to apply
– Applicants for the Sanctuary Scholarship must have made an application to City, University of London for undergraduate study via UCAS.
– Before applying for the scholarship, please read the terms and conditions carefully.
– Refer to the guidance notes when you fill out your application, as this will help you to complete it accurately.
– Once you have completed these steps you can proceed to submit an application.