Type: Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Arab students interested in studying in Germany
What: Tuition fees, stipend, flight expenses
Where: German Universities
Program Length: two years
Deadline to Apply: 31 August 2020
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: Germany
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is offering scholarships for students to complete their Ph.D. in various fields in Germany. The scholarship includes tuition fees and stipend, and in certain cases monthly rent subsidy and allowance for family members.
– Salary: Depending on academic level, monthly payments of: euros 861.- for graduates, euros 1,200.- for doctoral candidates
– Flight: Travel allowance
– Others: Under certain circumstances, grant holders completing an uninterrupted stay of over 6 months may receive the following additional benefits
– Stipend/Allowance: One-off research allowance
– Nationality: Algeria, Comoros, Djibouti, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
– Required Languages
German: excellent when you submit your application, you must provide proof of your current proficiency in the language of instruction (German, English, or German and English) in your chosen study programme.
– Required English Tests
TOEFL-IBT: 79/120 minimum score
IELTS: 6.5/9 minimum score
– Required Degree: Master’s Degree, in some cases Bachelor’s are accepted
– Specific Requirements: Extra-curricular Activities Experience
Additional knowledge and skills (e.g. through professional or voluntary activities, further training
– Other Requirements
Graduation date: applicants should not have graduated any longer than six years before the application deadline. If you are already working on a doctoral degree, you should not have started your degree any longer than three years previously
How To Apply:
First step: Register in the DAAD portal here
Second step: Applying online in the DAAD portal here
– Download and complete the online application form
– Prepare application documents
– If necessary, translate documents (unless they are already in German or English).
– Scan paper documents (except references) and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal.
– Upload the completed application form and the other application documents to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
Third step: Submit the application