Type: Bachelor’s (Undergraduate), Master’s Degree, Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Egyptian students
What: Undergraduate, Master’s and Ph.D. degrees
Where: Not specified
Program Length: 5-12 month
Deadline to Apply: 01 March 2019
Destination Countries: Denmark
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
In accordance with the Cultural Agreement Programme between Denmark and Egypt, the following scholarships are available for students from Egypt:
- Scholarships for 5 – 12 months for Ph.D. students
- Scholarships for 5 or 10 months (1 or 2 semesters) for master’s students
- Scholarships for 5 or 10 months (1 or 2 semesters) for bachelor’s students who study Danish language and literature
Twenty months in total are reserved for Egyptian students each academic year. Unused months cannot be carried over to the next application round.
Applicants must apply through, and be nominated by, their own national authorities. Please contact the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education, Scholarships Department, on the following address:
مجمع التحرير- وزارة التعليم العالي- إدارة البعثات- الأستاذة/ سكينة
Mogamma El-Tahri- Ministry of Higher Education – Scholarships Department – Mrs. Sekeena
Candidates nominated by their national authority must be approved by the Danish Agency for Science and Higher Education and the desired host institution in Denmark. The Danish Agency for Science and Higher Education screens all applications before forwarding them on to the requested institutions for assessment and final approval.
To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must have arranged an appropriate study programme. Applications should include a detailed description of the intended project of studies/research in Denmark.
Please note you are not eligible for a scholarship if:
- You are already enrolled or planning to enroll in a full degree, joint degree, or double degree programme in Denmark. Full, joint, and double degree students are not considered exchange students and are ineligible for this scholarship.
- You are not currently enrolled in, or conducting research at, an institution of higher education in your home country.
- You intend to pursue studies at a bachelor’s level during your stay in Denmark in fields other than Danish language and literature.
- You plan to conduct studies or research on a part-time, rather than a full-time, basis.
How to apply
Download the application form, complete, and submit it and all the required documents – including the Certificate of Proficiency in English – to the relevant national authority in Egypt.
- Application form for the long-term scholarship under the Cultural Agreements 2019/2020
- Certificate of English proficiency
Applications must be submitted directly to the relevant national authority in Egypt. Please contact the national authority regarding the national application deadline.