The Government of Ireland – International Education Scholarship (GOI-IES) programme will award scholarships to high-calibre students from non-EU/EEA countries to study full-time in Ireland for a period of one year.
The scholarship may be for one year of a taught master’s degree programme or one year of a research programme (e.g. one year of a research master’s or Ph.D. programme.
Applicants will need to apply for admission to a relevant master’s or Ph.D. programme offered by an eligible higher-education institution (HEI) before applying for the scholarship. See the 2023 Call for Applications for a list of eligible institutions.
Students who are successful will receive:
– A €10,000 stipend for one year’s study.
– A full fee waiver of all tuition and other registration costs at the higher education institution they will attend.
Deadline: 24 March 2023.
– Applicants must have a domiciliary of origin outside of the EU/EEA, United Kingdom or Switzerland.
– Applicants must have a conditional or final offer of admission to an eligible HEI at the time of application and submit a copy of the same.
– Applicants must demonstrate
A record of outstanding academic achievement;
Excellent communication skills;
Participation in extracurricular activities such as humanitarian work, arts or sport; and
A strong rationale for pursuing their study in Ireland.
– Applications must be submitted in the English language.
– Applications must include two letters of reference uploaded via the online application portal. It is up to the applicant to decide what references they feel would best support their application.
How to apply:
Eligible students are invited to submit applications through the official online application process at this link.
For a list of frequently asked questions and answers about the GOI-IES programme, click here.
For instructions on how to use the application portal, please consult the GOI-IES Application Help Doc.
If you need further assistance, please email [email protected]