Type: Bachelor’s (Undergraduate)
Who: Jordanian Students wishing to Study Engineering in US military schools
What: Tuition fees + housing + stipend + airfare
When: 2020 – 2021
Where: United States military academy (WestPoint), United States Naval Academy (USNA), U.S. Air Force Academy and the United States Coast Guard Academy
Program Length: 4 years
Deadline to Apply: 15 September 2019
Destination Countries: USA
Academic Subject(s): Engineering
The Directorate of Military Training at the Jordan Armed Forces-Arab Army (JAF) has announced that there are scholarships available for students wishing to obtain a bachelor’s degree from the United States Military Academy (West Point), the U.S. Naval Academy, the U.S. Air Force Academy and the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in various engineering specializations.
The scholarships will be offered in June 2020 and will be for four years.
Those selected will be recruited to be sent to study at one of the academies as JAF students and will be provided with all study requirements in terms of training, housing, food and flight tickets.
Deadline: September 15, 2019
– Be highly skilled in English (reading, writing, speaking and listening), where applicants are required to pass the English Comprehension Level (ECL) test with a score of not less than 80% and must also pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
– Pass the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) with a score of not less than 560 in mathematics and a not less than 400 in critical reading, or pass the American College Testing (ACT) exam.
– Pass the fitness test (the American system).
– Pass the medical examination.
– Be between 17 and 23 years old, regardless of gender.
– Have scored at least 75% in the General Secondary Education Certificate Examination (Tawjihi) in the scientific stream only.
How to apply:
The General Command of JAF called on students wishing to apply for the scholarships to go to the Courses and Scholarships Department at the Directorate of Military Training at JAF to fill out the applications.