Type: Bachelor’s (Undergraduate)
Who: Asylum Seekers in the UK
What: Tuition fees + stipend
When: 2020 – 2021
Where: Queen’s University, UK
Program Length: 3 years
Deadline to Apply: 09 June 2020
Citizenship: Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
Destination Countries: UK
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
Queen’s University Belfast, in Northern Ireland, is offering a full scholarship to a student who is a registered asylum-seeker in the UK, and who will be starting full-time undergraduate studies at Queen’s University Belfast in September 2020.
The scholarships will cover the cost of tuition and provide an £8,000 award to support living costs for each year of study, up to a maximum of three years.
More information is available here.
Deadline: 09 June 2020
To qualify for an asylum-seeker scholarship, students must first apply for, and receive an offer of admission for 2020 entry to an undergraduate degree program at Queen’s University Belfast and meet the eligibility criteria below:
1. Candidates must be registered asylum seekers in the UK and must be currently resident in Northern Ireland, to be considered for this program
2. You must have discretionary or limited leave to remain in the UK, be a dependant of someone with discretionary or limited leave to remain as a result of an application for refugee status, or you or your parent/guardian have submitted an asylum application and not yet received a decision from the Home Office on that application.
3. You must be unable to access mainstream UK student funding due to your immigration status – i.e. you are not eligible for Student Finance for the 2020-21 academic year.
4. You must submit an application for a place of study on a full-time undergraduate course starting in the academic year 2020-21 at Queen’s University Belfast through UCAS by 15 January 2020.
5. You must hold a conditional or unconditional offer or have a ‘decision pending’ status from Queen’s University Belfast by 01 April 2020. Candidates are required to meet any academic and language conditions attached to their offer as stated in their offer letter.
How to apply
The online application is available on this Link.