The Fellowships for Refugees at the American University in Cairo are competitive fellowship awards for bright, highly motivated individuals interested in pursuing a master’s degree at the university. The fellowships are for refugees pursuing full-time study (nine credits or as required by the program) in any of the graduate programs offered at AUC.
The fellowship is for two academic years and the intervening summer session, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
The fellowship covers:
– Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
– Housing allowance or accommodation at the university residences, based on need
– Student services and activities fees
– Medical service and health insurance fees.
– It may also cover remedial English-language requirements
Responsibilities of Fellows
– Fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work.
Deadline: 15 January 2023
– Applicants must have refugee status.
– Continuing students must maintain a GPA of 3.2 to retain the fellowship.
– Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
How to apply: