Type: Bachelor’s (Undergraduate)
Who: Refugee women pursuing university degrees
What: Full Scholarships + accommodation if university is away from hometown
When: 2019 – 2020
Where: Partner universities across the world
Program Length: Two to four years
Deadline to Apply: 12 August 2019
Citizenship: Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia
Destination Countries: All Countries
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
The Sir Robert Jones Scholarship assists young women from refugee backgrounds in completing a university degree or tertiary qualification from an approved partner university. This philanthropic gift is for young women who aspire to a tertiary qualification but are denied the opportunity because of family circumstances. Tuition fees are paid in full, with hostel accommodation paid for two years of study if the student attends a tertiary institution away from home.
Deadline: August 12, 2019
– Young women from refugee backgrounds.
– Aged 17 – 24 years.
– Evidence of University Entrance or qualification for admission to an approved tertiary course of study.
– A strong academic record over the last 3 years.
– Financial and/or personal hardship. (Proof of economic circumstances may be required).
– Extracurricular involvement and achievements.
– Personal characteristics – ability and commitment to succeed at tertiary level
How to apply
Complete the application form
Prepare the following document to attach with the form:
– Proof of status that you or your family are from a refugee background
– An official transcript of your most recent academic records
– A cover letter which informs us about your family background and personal story; why you are applying for this scholarship, your experience of tertiary level study and what you hope to do in the future
-Two written references – one academic reference and one character reference