Type: Bachelor’s (Undergraduate)
Who: Refugee women who are pursuing university degrees
What: Full Scholarships + accomodation if university is away from hometown
Where: Partner universities across the world
Program Length: 1 year
Deadline to Apply: 08 July 2022
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: All Countries
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
The Sir Robert Jones Scholarship assists young women from refugee backgrounds living in New Zealand in completing a university degree or tertiary qualification from an approved partner university.
This philanthropic gift is for young women who aspire to a tertiary qualification but are denied the opportunity because of family circumstances. Tuition fees are paid in full, with hostel accommodations paid for two years of study if the student attends an institution away from home.
The scholarship is supported by Refugees as Survivors New Zealand (RASNZ), the leading mental health and wellbeing service for people from refugee backgrounds living in Aotearoa (New Zealand).
Deadline: July 8, 2022
Young women from refugee backgrounds who are:
– 18 to 25 years old.
– A permanent resident or citizen of New Zealand.
– Already studying at a New Zealand university or tertiary institution.
– In financial and/or personal hardship.
How to apply:
Complete the application form.
You will require the following documentation for your application:
– An immigration document/letter which confirms your refugee-background status.
– Your NZ permanent residency.
– Your academic records for 2020, 2021 and 2022.
– Confirmation of your student allowance.
– A written academic reference from lecturer or tutor.
– A written character reference from a respected person in the community.
– Your letter of application telling the selectors about yourself.
Enquiries should be addressed to: [email protected]rasnz.co.nz