Type: Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Arab students from African countries interested in pursuing their PhD studies in the UK
What: Tuition fees, Allowance, and visa expenses
Where: SOAS University of London
Program Length: 1 year
Deadline to Apply: 31 March 2021
Citizenship: Algeria, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Somalia, Sudan, Tunisia
Destination Countries: UK
Academic Subject(s): Development Practice, Economics, Finance, International Development, Law and Government
The Centre of African Studies at SOAS, University of London, offers two Ph.D. scholarships to African nationals as part of the Governance for Development in Africa Initiative, funded by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
Candidates’ research subjects should focus on the area of state capacities, governance and bureaucracy for development. This may include projects designed to understand public sector governance capabilities, political settlements, state business relations, the governance of state-owned enterprises, the governance of development policy design and implementation, and so on. But applications must focus on the public sector/state/civil service, on governance, and on development.
In order to be considered for funding, applicants must first secure an unconditional offer for the Ph.D. by applying directly to the SOAS Doctoral School.
Deadline: 31st March 2021
Applicants must be residents (or permanent residents) of an African country. Arab eligible countries include Algeria, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan and Tunisia.
The eligible Ph.D. programs are only those within the following departments:
– Distance Learning: CeFiMS (Centre for Financial and Management Studies), DeFiMS
– A copy of the unconditional offer received from SOAS admissions office
– CV (please include your email address)
– A statement (two pages maximum) outlining knowledge and interest in governance-related issues
– Your research proposal (as sent to the SOAS Admissions Office)
– One academic reference (to be sent directly by referee to [email protected])
How to Apply:
You can apply through this link.