Type: Master’s Degree
Who: Mena region students
What: Full coverage of all applicable charges for enrollment, tuition and fees; Medical insurance coverage; A monthly living allowance; Student housing; One laptop for the duration of the program; A yearly book allowance; Two round-trip tickets from and to home country, where applicable; Exposure to and engagement in different community development projects and/or internships in host country, and/or their home countries to learn about different forms of intervention and apply such learning back in their respective countries; Academic advising, mentoring services, and learning services; Professional training on leadership and gender.
Where: LAU or AUB
Program Length: Two years
Deadline to Apply: 02 March 2021
Citizenship: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Palestine, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia
Destination Countries: Lebanon
Academic Subject(s): Biology, Economics, Education, Gender and Women’s Studies, International Affairs
The Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Program (TLG) is a program of the U.S. State Department’s Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) which offers opportunities for students from the Middle East and North Africa to pursue higher education and earn a master’s degree through leading American universities with U.S. accreditation in the region: the American University of Beirut (AUB) and the Lebanese American University (LAU).
The program equips graduate students with professional experience needed to advance knowledge and contribute to the achievement of socially relevant outcomes through research that furthers the professionalization of emerging leaders while supporting and increasing scholars’ knowledge in gender issues in the various fields of study.
Over the whole path, students and graduates are treated as fellows of the program.
Benefits for participants in the program include travel costs, academic fees for two years of study at AUB or LAU, accident and sickness insurance, housing, and a monthly allowance during the school year.
Deadline: March 2, 2021
– Be committed to completing your master’s degree within two-years;
– Be committed to pursuing hands-on public policy research and work as part of your master’s program;
– Demonstrate academic excellence;
– Be a citizen of: Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Iraq, Syria (residing outside of Syria), Tunisia or Yemen.
Note: American citizens or U.S. legal permanent residents are not
eligible to apply.
– Demonstrate financial need per MEPI’s and the host university’s financial aid policies. Applicants should be underrepresented or economically deserving students and should submit the relevant financial aid application.
How to Apply
Submit your Fall 2021-2022 application directly to your university of interest on the following links:
– AUB: www.aub.edu.lb/MEPI-TLG
– LAU: https://mepitl.lau.edu.lb/programs/graduate/