Who: Arab students interested in studying in Pakistan
What: Tuition fees
Where: COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI)
Program Length: 1 year
Deadline to Apply: 31 August 2022
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: Pakistan
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
The TWAS-CUI Fellowship Programme for Postdoctoral Research offers fellowships to young scientists from developing countries other than Pakistan who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in natural or social sciences at COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI).
Applicants are encouraged to apply for the preliminary acceptance letter from CUI as early as possible. Only acceptance letters dated the same year as the year of application are eligible.
TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in the departments and laboratories of the campuses of the COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI) for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months.
CUI-TWAS Fellowships are offered in the following areas of the natural and related applied sciences: Mathematics, Biosciences, Metrology, Pharmacy, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Physics, Chemical Engineering and Management Sciences.
CUI-TWAS Fellowships are also offered in the following social and economic sciences: Development Studies, Economics, Economics and International Relations.
The language of instruction is English.
CUI will provide a monthly stipend to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
TWAS, the World Academy of Sciences, is dedicated to the advancement of science in developing countries. Based in Trieste, Italy, the academy supports sustainable prosperity through research, education, policy and diplomacy.
Deadline: 31 August 2022.
– be nationals of a developing country other than Pakistan;
– not be on site in Pakistan;
– not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
– hold a Ph.D. in a field of the natural sciences or social sciences;
– apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree;
– be regularly employed in a developing country other than Pakistan and hold a research assignment there;
– provide an official Acceptance Letter from CUI (see instructions below);
– provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
– provide evidence that they will return to their home country on completion of the fellowship;
– not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
– be financially responsible for any accompanying family members and for any delay incurred in completing the fellowship.
Instructions for obtaining an official Acceptance Letter from CUI
Requests for acceptance must be sent to Mr. Kashif Masood, Deputy Registrar (International) by email at [email protected] who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Mr. Kashif Masood, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with a copy of their CV, a research proposal outline, the completed Foreign Student Information Sheet (available for download) and a scanned copy of their valid passport (just page with picture and biodata).
For any queries, please contact [email protected], Attention: Mr. Kashif Masood, CUI Deputy Registrar. Requests will not be accepted at any other email address.
How to Apply:
Applicants for the Fellowship must submit an Acceptance Letter from CUI when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper and signed. The subject line must contain CUI/PDoc and the candidate’s surname. Only signed reference letters can be accepted.
Applicants to the TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Programme should send a copy of their application by email to CUI.
Applications can only be accepted via the online portal at this link.
• TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Tel: +39 040 2240 314
E-mail: [email protected]
• COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI)
Mr. Kashif Masood
Deputy Registrar (International)
Park Road, Tarlai Kalan
Islamabad 45550. Pakistan
Tel: (+9251) 9049 5272
Fax: (+9251) 924 7010
E-mail: [email protected]