Type: Master’s Degree, Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Arab African students interested in studying Agriculture
What: – Cover Tuition Fees – Stipend/Allowance – Flight – transport, field data collection, software, and other student project-related costs.
Where: Partner Universities in Ghana
Program Length: 1 year
Deadline to Apply: 30 June 2021
Citizenship: Algeria, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Mauritania, Morocco, Somalia, Sudan, Tunisia
Destination Countries: Ghana
Academic Subject(s): Agriculture, Applied Biological Science, Aquaculture, Climate Change Management, Environment and sustainability, Environmental Engineering
The West African Centre for Water, Irrigation and Sustainable Agriculture (Wacwisa) invites promising African students to apply for scholarships to pursue master’s degree and Ph.D. studies in Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, and in Environmental Management and Sustainability, and to conduct related research in the West African sub-region in particular and the Africa region at large.
The scholarships are provided by the Government of Ghana and the World Bank.
Enrolled students will be supported to develop international experience in one or more of the laboratories and field stations of Wacwisa’s international partners. The need for highly trained skilled professionals is paramount, given the issues of water scarcity and the need for the development of functional and efficient irrigation infrastructure in Africa. This program is geared towards the ultimate goal of intensifying agriculture to increase productivity and food security.
Deadline: 30 June, 2021
– Cover Tuition Fees
– Transport, field data collection, software, and other student project-related costs.
– Applicants must be less than 35 years old for the master’s program and less than 40 years old for the Ph.D. program.
– Applicants must be nationals of and residents in Africa. This includes the Arab countries of Algeria, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, and Tunisia.
– Required languages: English
– Applicants for the master’s program must have a bachelor’s degree (honors) or equivalent with at least a Second-Class Upper Division.
– Applicants for the Ph.D. program must have a master’s degree (honors) or equivalent with at least a Second-Class Upper Division.
How to Apply:
– Applicants should submit the full complement of required documents to [email protected] and copy [email protected] with a subject line “WACWISA Masters and PhD scholarships”– Submit applications for admission into the relevant program at the University for Development Studies, in Tamale, Ghana, through the admissions portal at https://admissions.uds.edu.gh